Thursday, March 30, 2006

Why I'm nervous about Kinky

Kinky "the Cigar" Friedman seems like an amusing character, and I share his distaste for Texas politicians, but I haven't found anything that he's said which would make me want to vote for him. This latest update from his website (discussed on Burnt Orange Report), just baffles me. We're currently in a special session trying to determine how to pay for education in this state due to a ruling by the Texas Supreme Court on the unconstitutionality of relying on property taxes for funding. The money will have to come from somewhere, and if the new revenue source is underestimated then it will sure look bad to have given away the surplus only to require emergency bonds or unexpected new taxes.

Let's figure out this crisis before we decide we've funded education adequately and reliably.

No comments: