Thursday, May 11, 2006

At first I was skeptical...

I can't believe they didn't background check Stephen Colbert before inviting him to speak at the 2006 White House Correspondents Dinner. I heard that it was hilarious, but I was a little skeptical given his target audience. What I didn't realize was that his target audience was not the people in front of him that evening, but rather people like us watching this video on TV or over the internet. If only everyone had the guts to stand up for their beliefs like this....

Rather than spoil the pace of Colbert's well-timed delivery with choice quotes, I'll let you decide if you'd rather skim the condensed version of the transcript.

1 comment:

Texas Hippie said...

Damn, why does my disappointment with pantywaist Democrats always get reinforced?

http://pinkdome.com/archives/2006/05/howard_dean_go.html

Where's the Dean Scream when we need it?