Friday, May 26, 2006

Good ol' poo humor from a liberal blogger

I enjoy PinkDome's deliberately sleazy coverage of news and politics. It feels like a cross between reading the Onion and a tabloid gossip column, making it fun to keep up with the news despite the fact that all the quotes appear to be made up, and some of the "news" may not be true. He's also a heavy drinker and loves to blog drunk, especially from public places (and then cabbing or walking home, because drunk driving just isn't funny). But it's little gems like this one that really amuse me :) I'm a simple creature.

By the way, I don't exclusively read liberal blogs on any subject. Though I tend to avoid blogs of any flavor that have no substance or entertainment value, I do still make time for politics and economics with a more centrist or conservative stance. In particular I recommend Austin Centrist, a well written and thought-provoking blog on Central Texas and US politics. I disagree with them on many issues but they have helped keep me from wanting to give up all my possessions and live in a tree.

No comments: