Thursday, May 25, 2006

Quick blog post on recovering your money from old accounts

I saw a program on KXAN (the local NBC channel) about recovering money owed to you from misplaced accounts, unreturned refunds, uncashed checks, forgotten deposits, etc. If you think you might have some money owed to you but you were never able to track it down, our Comptroller (and candidate for Governor) Carole Foghorn Strayhorn has made this task easy for you. Search by name and city on this page for a list of potential accounts owed to you. I could not find any in my name (and I wasn't expecting to, either), so I don't know where to take it from there. But hopefully it's a start for those of you missing money.

Note that there are also links to nation-wide search systems if you've lived elsewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»