Monocultures are extremely unhealthy environments, which some of you may be able to relate to in the workplace, your community, or even simply witnessing a government incapable of extending a hand to those in need as we saw in New Orleans. Currently there is a clear monoculture of control in the US:
- the administration
- cabinets/departments dominated by cronyism
- a military General in charge of the civilian CIA
- no-bid contracts to Halliburton and its off-shore tax-haven subsidiaries
- a GOP-controlled Congress
- an increasingly stacked Supreme Court
Update: Case in point, from Reuters - "The Pentagon's top lawyer drew bipartisan fire on Tuesday," during Senate hearings on his confirmation to a federal appeals court, because of his support for overly aggressive interrogation tactics of suspected terrorists.