Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bookmarks on Lieberman

I don't want to gib the Lamont / Lieberman subject, mostly because I've exhausted interest after these two threads I posted on from Austin blogs that supported Lieberman.

But I did want to bookmark this post from the Next Hurrah covering some poll data in case I need to reference it later. You might find it interesting too. Lastly I wanted to summarize one simple reason for the widespread opposition to Lieberman: his unfailing support for the Bush administration, specifically on the Iraq war. His own words:
It'’s time for Democrats who distrust President Bush to acknowledge that he will be the commander in chief for three more critical years and that in matters of war, we undermine presidential credibility at our nation'’s peril. - Sen. Lieberman (original video here)
So much for checks and balances. The response to Joe's supposed efficacy as a centrist can be summarized as follows:
Let's break free of our learned helplessness.

1 comment:

platkat said...

I need to follow this more. Pretty interesting. Talk soon!