Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Holy Crap this is cool - and safe for work

Some days it seems the Internet doesn't have many surprises left in it. I've been trawling around its dark corners for quite a while, trying to find others with as quirky a sense of humor as mine. Sometimes I come across unsavory sites, but rarely am I shocked. While others shielded their eyes and put their therapists on speed dial, the first time I saw Goatse I laughed out loud for having been caught off guard by a fake link from a subversive poster on Slashdot. (incidentally this became such a common prank that Slashdot changed its format slightly to mitigate malicious use of their forums).

But today I found something truly cool, a sort of visual zeitgeist composed of a sea of floating bubbles of thoughts containing the phrase "I feel," collected from blog posts across the world. Play with it.

2 comments:

platkat said...

Pretty cool! But where do the feelings come from?

Texas Hippie said...

They come from the heart! :) ... and from blogs trawled all over the world. They can do some interesting locale analysis to see which bloggers are collectively feeling certain emotions in various cities; I wonder where the happiest places are?