Sunday, November 19, 2006

Fucking fascists...

I respect the necessity of law and order, but negative stereotypes often exist for a reason. Fucking pigs. You can read more about this story elsewhere in the news.

The biggest problem I see in common between politics, police, religion and capitalism is that people are drawn to positions of power and superiority over others. There's a bit of nature/nurture debate to what causes this human condition, but the reality is that this is an area dominated by testosterone. I tend to avoid people who treat life as a zero-sum game, and sadly this means that to a degree I have developed a persistent distrust of men (though most of my close friends are men). I still naively give everyone the benefit of the doubt, my cynicism is a result of being hurt too often.

(story courtesy of Digby)

2 comments:

platkat said...

Wow... All that from a peaceful protest?? Sadly, now is not a good time for hippies...

Texas Hippie said...

There's nothing peaceful about this group's attempt to deprive patriotic Americans of their clean bathrooms. And the police were actually being nice by trying to offer water and snacks to the protestors, but the janitors didn't understand English. This bothered the horses apparently, who decided that these lazy immigrants needed to be taught a lesson.

So hopefully that puts everything into perspective. Our country is doing just fine, thank you, and I think it should stay the course.