Sunday, December 31, 2006

Glad I'm not the only one...

Jane Hamsher voices the disgust that some of us have - not over Saddam's execution but over America's reaction. In particular, I find it interesting what he was specifically tried and executed for.

Saddam's life certainly brought me no joy, but the celebration of his death seemed gruesome and barbaric. An eye for an eye reveals the animal in man. I don't believe in Biblical Hell as many do, so to me this was no simple shortcut to a guaranteed destination for a damned soul. I'd have rather have seen him locked away in solitary to rot in a living hell and die of natural causes.

Meanwhile as wingnuts cream their pants over this "victory in the war on terror", I've got to ask: where the fuck is Osama, and why did we cut and run from Afghanistan to start another war?

Happy New Year.

No comments: